M4 Panoramica “Rucias Bianc”
- Departure/arrival location: Festiona (Centro Fondo)
- Difficulty: Climb: MC Descent: BC+ Exposure: E2
- Length: 30.5 km
- Drop + : 1220 m
- Departure altitude: 715 m asl.
- Maximum altitude: 1400 m asl.
- Terrain type: 50% Gravel 10 % Trail 40% asphalt
- Type of route: Ring route, passing through Festiona, Borgata Brocci, Borgata Baut, Bergemolo, Bergemoletto and Ospedalieri.
- Cartography: Fraternali Map 1: 25000 MTB \ E-Bike Valle Stura di Demonte
From the square in front of Centro Fondo Festiona area, we continue towards the inhabited area of Festiona and continue towards Borgata Baut/Madonna del Colletto on a paved road. After five hairpin bends, we cross Borgata Baut and continue towards Madonna del Colletto. Just before the church, where we go downhill in Valle Gesso, on the right we take a gravel road that will take us, with a view, to the fortress called “Rucias Bianc” and from there to the point of intersection with M3 route, then we continue up to Bergemolo going up to the inhabited area and then back down to Olmo Bianco Refuge. From here, behind the refuge, we cycle on a gravel road that takes us to Bergemoletto through some suggestive villages. Once in Bergemoletto we cross the descent path that will take us to the intersection with the M3 descent from Bergemolo, but here we go straight on entering the municipal road of Bergemolo where a short stretch of ascent brings us at an electric pylon from where, left of the municipal road, we take a downhill slope up to the hamlet of Ospedalieri. From here we enter the road called “Ex-Militare” which will take us back to Festiona at the starting point, Centro Fondo Festiona.
All the paths are frequented by hikers on foot, pay attention especially on descents: THE PEDESTRIAN ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY.
Download Trail: M4 Panoramica “Rucias Bianc” (External Link)