A2 COLLE DI NERAISSA
- Departure/arrival location: Vinadio/Vinadio
- Difficulty: Climb: MC + Descent: OC Exposure: E3
- Drop: 1272 m.
- Length: 30.8 km
- Departure altitude: 891 m asl.
- Maximum altitude: 2018 m asl.
- Terrain type: 60% asphalt, 40% gravel, approx.
- Type of route: ring route, passing through Podio inferiore, Neraissa inferiore, Neraissa Superiore, Chiardoletta, Sambuco, Pianche, Roviera, Pratolungo.
- Cartography: Fraternali Map 1: 25000 MTB\E-Bike Valle Stura di Demonte
We start cycling from the square at the exit of the village of Vinadio (891 meters), on the paved road that runs alongside the Forte Albertino. The slope immediately becomes demanding up to the hamlet of Podio inferiore (1111 meters) then becomes more regular, except for short stretches, up to the hamlet of Neraissa Inferiore (1423 meters – fountain). We continue on a seemingly flat area on asphalt towards Neraissa Superiore (1519 meters – fountain). Following the A2 indication, we continue on a gravel road with a slightly uneven and regular ground, with a constant slope, for about 5 km, with a beautiful view, which leads to Colle Neraissa hill (2018 meters – fountain). On the hill we find the remains of a large two-story barracks. A wide view of the Upper Stura Valley and Mount Nebius, a Dolomite-like mountain. The descent to Sambuco offers a very suggestive path, with a very uneven ground that requires good technical skills and with a strong exposure in some sections. For the less experienced ones, it is advisable to return on the same route as the outward journey. In the descent we pass through Chiardoletta hamlet (1429 meters – fountain) and we arrive in Sambuco (1183 meters). The return to Vinadio is on asphalt. Along the route we find red marks that reflect the symbols of the signpost, i.e. the triangle with two circles, which can help you find your way.
All the paths are frequented by hikers on foot, pay attention especially on descents: THE PEDESTRIAN ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY.
Download Trail: A2 Colle di Neraissa (External Link)