M1 – Gravere
- Departure/arrival location: Festiona (Centro Fondo)
- Difficulty: Climb:OC Descent: OC+ Exposure: E3
- Length: ????
- Drop: + 1050 m
- Departure altitude: 1225 m asl
- Maximum altitude: 2223 m asl
- Terrain type: 50% Gravel 25% trail 27% asphalt
- Type of route: Ring route. Short round-trip on common road, easy route suitable for beginner bikers
- Cartography: Fraternali Map 1: 25000 n° 13, Alta Valle Stura, E-BIKE, MTB Map
From the square in front of Centro Fondo area, we go towards the bottom of the valley following the signs for Borgate Rueita and Sottana, as soon as we cross the latter, we take an easy descent towards the plateau near the river, from here we continue on level ground on a gravel road with regular terraing until the beginning of a wildlife trail called “Le Gravere”. After crossing the latter on a trail that runs alongside the river, we arrive on the military road in San Membotto area of Moiola. From here we follow the military road keeping right towards Festiona until the indicated crossroad which makes us turn left onto a gravel road where, after crossing very suggestive chestnut woods, we descend first towards the military road and immediately after downhill to the beginning of “Le Gravere” wildlife trail. From here we return to Borgate Sottana and Rueita following the signs toward Centro Fondo on the same route as the first leg.
All the paths are frequented by hikers on foot, pay attention especially on descents: THE PEDESTRIAN ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY.