B12 Saben 1500 Enduro
- Departure/arrival location: Piano Quinto/ Piano Quinto
- Difficulty: Climb: BC Descent: OC Exposure: E3
- Length: 29.7 km
- Drop: 1500 m.
- Departure altitude: 694 m asl.
- Maximum altitude: 1529 m asl.
- Terrain type: 35% asphalt, 65% gravel, approx.
- Type of route: ring route, passing through Beguda, Borgo San Dalmazzo,
- Cartography: Fraternali Map 1: 25000 N.14, Bassa Valle Stura, MTB map
This tour will make you try the longest descent of the Saben Trail area, more than 800 negative meters in altitude on a spectacular completely natural path, called Saben 1500. Once again leaving from Piano Quinto, Borgo San Dalmazzo, climb to Tetto Pilone and continue towards Monte Saben, after Colle delle Piastre, we continue the ascent, sometimes by foot, up to an altitude of around 1500. From here the really beautiful descent starts taking you toward Andonno (Valle Gesso) from where we will take the panoramic and suggestive gravel road called “Taglia fuoco” with which we will regain altitude until reaching the ridge between Valle Stura and Gesso. Near Colle Della Croce, we have to go down back on the ascent route for a few km, turn left near Tetti Firet, in the direction of Piazzetta Orologi Solari/Monte Croce: From this crossroads, we follow the second part of Meridiane Freeride, using that fun trail to return to Piano Quinto.
All the paths are frequented by hikers on foot, pay attention especially on descents: THE PEDESTRIAN ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY.
Download Trail: B12 SABEN 1500 ENDURO (External Link)